As it focuses on its next breakthrough -- be it a television, set-top box, smartwatch or all or some combination of the above -- Apple should work to evolve platforms such as Siri and Passbook to the extent that they become revolutionary. Further integrate them with existing products, make them key components of whatever hardware comes next and use them to create an even more seamless connection across the entire ecosystem.
If all is right with the world and at Apple, talk over size, color and price is one big head fake. A suite of rumors the Wall Street analysts who spread them today will refuse to own in a few weeks or months.
Simply put, a cheap iPhone will ultimately get Tim Cook fired. If, however, he has small teams working on Siri, Passbook and the next beautiful piece of premium hardware, he could end up going down as the guy who took Apple to the next level.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV