CLEVELAND, April 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Forest City Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE: FCEA and FCEB) today announced that it has entered into separate, privately negotiated exchange agreements whereby it will exchange approximately $138.9 million aggregate principal amount of its 3.625% Puttable Equity-Linked Senior Notes due 2014 ("the Notes") for approximately 9,549,721 shares of its Class A common stock, plus a total cash payment of approximately $4.9 million for additional exchange consideration, accrued interest and in lieu of fractional shares.
The exchange transactions reflect the company's continued focus on reducing debt and improving its balance sheet. The exchanges were executed at the current put value rate for the Notes and were non-dilutive to Forest City shareholders. Approximately $61.1 million of the Notes will remain outstanding after the exchanges.
About Forest CityForest City Enterprises, Inc. is an NYSE-listed national real estate company with $10.6 billion in total assets. The Company is principally engaged in the ownership, development, management and acquisition of commercial and residential real estate throughout the United States. For more information, visit http://www.forestcity.net.SOURCE Forest City Enterprises, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV