From my perspective, the PE ratio of almost 26 is high, and with a price-per-share of $38.26 and an 80-cent dividend, the yield-to-price is a meager 2.09%. However, the company has no debt and as of the end of 2012 had around $226 million in total cash. Is a dividend increase in the offing? That could boost the stock price even higher.
Company Co-Founder, Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Martin Cohen, as of Jan. 30, 2013, owned over 10,564,000 shares and his partner Robert Steers owned more than 4,394,000 shares. In fact 58% of the outstanding shares of CNS are owned by insiders and "5%" owners! Now that's what I call a leadership team with "skin in the game" in a big way!
In this exciting season of earnings reports it's easy to overlook some of the lesser-known names like Cohen & Steers. In the world of smaller-cap companies it has a business model that's poised to generate growth for years to come. The company will hold a conference call to discuss its first-quarter financial results Thursday at 11 a.m. ET.
At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned.Follow @m8a2r1 This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage. Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real money portfolio for his charitable trust- enjoy advance notice of every trade, full access to the portfolio, and deep coverage of the latest economic events and market movements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV