LISLE, Ill., April 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Navistar, Inc. announced today it has received certification from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for its proprietary 13-liter heavy-duty big bore engines with selective catalytic reduction (SCR) emissions technology. Navistar's proprietary 13-liter engine is certified by EPA at or below the required 0.20 g/bhp-hr NOx.
"EPA certification of our proprietary 13-liter engine with SCR completes our transition to SCR-based technology for our heavy-duty engines," said Jack Allen, Navistar executive vice president and chief operating officer. "We've reached another milestone in our emissions strategy transition and are on track to deliver our first ProStar units with our SCR-based 13-liter engines at the end of April."
Navistar introduced its first SCR-based commercial trucks for the U.S. and Canadian markets in December 2012 with the launch of the International ® ProStar ® with the Cummins ISX 15-liter engine. With the introduction of the ProStar equipped with the company's proprietary 13-liter with SCR, International now offers a complete line-up of clean engine SCR-based product offerings for the Class 8 on-highway market.About Navistar Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International ® brand commercial and military trucks, MaxxForce ® brand diesel engines, and IC Bus ™ brand school and commercial buses. The company also provides truck and diesel engine service parts. Another affiliate offers financing services. Additional information is available at www.Navistar.com. *All marks are trademarks of their respective owners. SOURCE Navistar International Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV