If the breakout follows through and begins a new uptrend, then I am in business. I ride it for all it is worth -- I hope for months, sometimes even years.
I also have a sell discipline, but I will cover that in other articles.
It also helps that Grainger is a large-cap dividend-paying stock. This is the number-four-ranked asset class at the current time.
Data from Best Stocks Now App In addition to performance and a healthy stock chart, I also demand a decent value. I have seen too many high PE momentum darlings crash and burn over the years.
Let's have a look at the current valuation of Grainger. Data from Best Stocks Now App The stock is currently trading at 16.9 times forward earnings. It is expected to grow by 14.4% per year over the next five years. This makes for a PEG ratio of 1.17 which is not bad. I then take next year's EPS estimate and extrapolate it out over the next five years at 14.4% per year. I then apply a multiple that I think is appropriate and come up with a five-year target price of $412 per year. This gives me almost 90% upside potential and a value grade of "A-". Grainger is currently one of my highest-rated large-cap conservative stocks. As the market gets a bit more defensive here, it should continue to do well. Speaking of doing well, I love the earnings the company reported on Tuesday! Data from Best Stocks Now App At the time of publication clients of Gunderson Capital Management are long GWW. Follow @pwstreet This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV