CleanPoint has developed an elegant monitoring and control system that enables homeowners to manage their electricity and appliance usage in conjunction with new Smart grid systems. The CleanPoint solution is a user friendly application appliance powered by SQL Anywhere using data collected from the homeowner's own electricity usage.
"In building our solution, CleanPoint realized that that a big data high velocity solution is the only way to analyze and process the staggering amounts of data that the Smart grid produces with speed, security and integrity," said Bruce Johansson, joint managing director, CleanPoint "Our extensive evaluation showed that SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere 16 has an unmatched ability to integrate with what we assessed is the leading "Big Data solution for utilities, SAP HANA to deliver the results our clients require to monitor and adjust their electricity usage in real-time. SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere 16 and SAP HANA handle inevitable network failures with ease. The SAP systems reconnect and synchronize seamlessly, there is no loss of data, integrity is maintained without compromise, improving the efficiency of the power grid - delivering consumers a big win by improving the value of their power bill."
"SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere 16 provides the latest and very critical enterprise distributed database capabilities in delivering on our vision for a comprehensive real-time data platform," said Irfan Khan, chief technology officer and senior vice president, Database & Technology, SAP AG. "Through integration with SAP HANA, SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere 16 allows users and applications in distributed environments to have real-time interactions with virtually any source, and then further explore and analyze that data through SAP HANA. As a result of joint innovation and expertise across our worldwide engineering team, SAP HANA and SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere offer rich applications and consumer interactions from the data center to mobile and satellite server locations."
Innovations and enhancements in SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere 16 include:
- 24x7 operations: Database mirroring robustness and elasticity improvements, on-the-fly server processor allocation and more non-blocking operations to improve concurrent application availability
- Security: A new role-based security model for enhanced control and granularity of privileged user operations, support for lightweight directory access protocol (LDAP) user authentication and additional features for password change control
- Performance: Expanded options for query optimization to better exploit multi-CPU servers and intra-query parallelism
- Developer productivity: Support for open data protocol (OData), enhanced event tracing for production system troubleshooting and expanded SQL language support including ROW and ARRAY data types
- Data synchronization: Support for bi-directional sync of SAP HANA to thousands of mobile users, new synchronization testing tools and intuitive sync setup and deployment wizards
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts