BETHESDA, Md., April 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- American Capital Agency Corp. (Nasdaq: AGNC) ("AGNC" or the "Company") announced today that it is encouraging all holders of the Company's common stock to submit their voting instructions promptly for the annual meeting of stockholders to be held on April 30, 2013. Common stockholders who have not yet voted may still vote in advance of the meeting by telephone or internet, as described below. The items for discussion at the Annual Meeting include:
- To elect the Board of Directors, with each director serving a one-year term and until his or her successor is elected and qualified;
- To approve an amendment to AGNC's Certificate of Incorporation to increase the total authorized number of shares of preferred stock from 10,000,000 to 20,000,000;
- To ratify the selection of Ernst & Young LLP to serve as AGNC's independent public accountant for the year ending December 31, 2013; and
- To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournments or postponements thereof.
More information on the items to be discussed at the meeting can be found in the Company's proxy statement available at www.AGNC.com/2013proxymaterials. AGNC has engaged Georgeson Inc. ("Georgeson"), a proxy solicitation firm, to contact common stockholders by telephone to encourage voting. Common stockholders that have not already voted may receive calls prior to the meeting from Georgeson on behalf of the Company.
VOTING INSTRUCTIONS - SHARES OF COMMON STOCK HELD WITH A BROKER:
- Common stockholders may cast their votes on the internet at www.proxyvote.com. Please have the proxy control number from the proxy card available and follow the instructions provided.
- Common stockholders who wish to vote by phone may call AGNC's proxy solicitor, Georgeson, at 800-676-0194.
- Common stockholders may contact their brokerage firms for help with casting their votes.
Please note that voting by phone or internet will require that you have your proxy control number available. This number is printed on the proxy card accompanying the Proxy Statement. Common stockholders who have not yet received their proxy control number should contact their brokerage firm.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts