April 16, 2013
- Drill results of the first 20 holes (MSW-0001 to MSW-0020) in the Maturi West Exploration Target Area west and south of the Maturi deposit and up dip from the Birch Lake deposit in the Twin Metals Minnesota Project
- TMM initiated this drilling program to evaluate the area for potential additional resources that may be used to enhance early production rates.
- The AMEC 2012 Technical Report [ 1 ] outlined four Exploration Targets areas surrounding and adjacent to the Maturi and Birch Lake deposits. These four Exploration Target areas occur on approximately 12% of the footprint of the prospective portion of the Twin Metals Minnesota property block.
Duluth Metals Limited ("Duluth Metals") (TSX: DM) (TSX: DM.U) is pleased to announce assay results for the first 20 holes, MSW-0001 to MSW-0020, in the Maturi West Exploration Target area, including the up dip extension of the Birch Lake deposit, within the Twin Metals Minnesota Project ("TMM") in northeastern
. Assay results from the relatively shallow drilling highlight thick mineralized intersections which include:
- MSW-0014 returned a 150 foot intersection of 0.81% copper, 0.27% nickel, 2.7 g/t silver and 1.00 grams TPM (TPM = Platinum+Palladium+Gold) at a 0.3% Cu cut-off including a 110 foot intersection of 0.94% copper, 0.31% nickel, 3.1 g/t silver and 1.17 grams TPM at a 0.5% Cu cut-off;
- MSW-0017 returned a 210.5 foot intersection of 0.64% copper, 0.24% nickel, 2.1 g/t silver and 0.35 grams TPM at a 0.3% Cu cut-off including a 120.5 foot intersection of 0.72% copper, 0.24% nickel, 2.6 g/t silver and 0.44 grams TPM at a 0.5% Cu cut-off; and
- MSW-0018 returned a 83 foot intersection of 0.60% copper, 0.19% nickel, 2.1 g/t silver and 0.41 grams TPM at a 0.3% Cu cut-off including a 50 foot intersection of 0.90% copper, 0.28% nickel, 3.7 g/t silver and 0.51 grams TPM at a 0.5% Cu cut-off.
"We are pleased with the assay results which confirm the existence of mineralization at shallow depths between the Maturi Deposit and the Birch Lake Deposit." stated
, President of Duluth Metals. "These results show an opportunity to enhance the economics of the project by increasing production rates in the mining plan."
Full independent NI 43-101 Technical Report completed by AMEC E&C Services Inc. (AMEC) by a team led by Dr. Harry Parker entitled "Maturi
and Spruce Road Cu-Ni-PGE Projects
NI 43-101 Technical Report" with an effective date of 15 September 2012 is filed on SEDAR (
is a map illustrating the location of 20 drill holes reported in this press release which can be found on the Company website under this press release at
A more detailed summary of the assay results for MSW-0001 to MSW-0020 can be found in Tables 1 and 2 below. True thickness is estimated at about 90% of core length: