TORONTO, April 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Drill results of the first 20 holes (MSW-0001 to MSW-0020) in the Maturi West Exploration Target Area west and south of the Maturi deposit and up dip from the Birch Lake deposit in the Twin Metals Minnesota Project
- TMM initiated this drilling program to evaluate the area for potential additional resources that may be used to enhance early production rates.
- The AMEC 2012 Technical Report [ 1 ] outlined four Exploration Targets areas surrounding and adjacent to the Maturi and Birch Lake deposits. These four Exploration Target areas occur on approximately 12% of the footprint of the prospective portion of the Twin Metals Minnesota property block.
Duluth Metals Limited ("Duluth Metals") (TSX: DM) (TSX: DM.U) is pleased to announce assay results for the first 20 holes, MSW-0001 to MSW-0020, in the Maturi West Exploration Target area, including the up dip extension of the Birch Lake deposit, within the Twin Metals Minnesota Project ("TMM") in northeastern Minnesota. Assay results from the relatively shallow drilling highlight thick mineralized intersections which include:
- MSW-0014 returned a 150 foot intersection of 0.81% copper, 0.27% nickel, 2.7 g/t silver and 1.00 grams TPM (TPM = Platinum+Palladium+Gold) at a 0.3% Cu cut-off including a 110 foot intersection of 0.94% copper, 0.31% nickel, 3.1 g/t silver and 1.17 grams TPM at a 0.5% Cu cut-off;
- MSW-0017 returned a 210.5 foot intersection of 0.64% copper, 0.24% nickel, 2.1 g/t silver and 0.35 grams TPM at a 0.3% Cu cut-off including a 120.5 foot intersection of 0.72% copper, 0.24% nickel, 2.6 g/t silver and 0.44 grams TPM at a 0.5% Cu cut-off; and
- MSW-0018 returned a 83 foot intersection of 0.60% copper, 0.19% nickel, 2.1 g/t silver and 0.41 grams TPM at a 0.3% Cu cut-off including a 50 foot intersection of 0.90% copper, 0.28% nickel, 3.7 g/t silver and 0.51 grams TPM at a 0.5% Cu cut-off.
"We are pleased with the assay results which confirm the existence of mineralization at shallow depths between the Maturi Deposit and the Birch Lake Deposit." stated Vern Baker, President of Duluth Metals. "These results show an opportunity to enhance the economics of the project by increasing production rates in the mining plan."
[ 1 ] Full independent NI 43-101 Technical Report completed by AMEC E&C Services Inc. (AMEC) by a team led by Dr. Harry Parker entitled "Maturi , Birch Lake , and Spruce Road Cu-Ni-PGE Projects , Ely , Minnesota , USA , NI 43-101 Technical Report" with an effective date of 15 September 2012 is filed on SEDAR ( http://www.sedar.com ).Figure 1 is a map illustrating the location of 20 drill holes reported in this press release which can be found on the Company website under this press release at http://www.duluthmetals.com. A more detailed summary of the assay results for MSW-0001 to MSW-0020 can be found in Tables 1 and 2 below. True thickness is estimated at about 90% of core length:
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts