People's United Financial (NASDAQ: PBCT) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.80%. People's United Financial, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for People's United Bank that provides commercial banking, retail and business banking, and wealth management services to individual, corporate, and municipal customers. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.47. The average volume for People's United Financial has been 3,297,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. People's United Financial has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the banking industry. Shares are up 10% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates People's United Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PEOPLE'S UNITED FINL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PEOPLE'S UNITED FINL INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.72 versus $0.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.80 versus $0.72).
- The gross profit margin for PEOPLE'S UNITED FINL INC is currently very high, coming in at 88.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.19% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $82.70 million or 43.57% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PEOPLE'S UNITED FINL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -173.46%.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 2.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full People's United Financial Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts