Sirius XM Radio
Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) is another name that's been consolidating after a big leg higher. The satellite radio carrier has been bouncing within a rectangle pattern for the last few months, hitting its head on resistance at $3.25 before finding a floor at $3. Now, shares are testing support again.
Consolidations such as the one in SIRI are common after big moves -- they give investors a chance to catch their breath and figure out their next moves. And because rectangles are easily defined on the chart, they're very tradable setups. A breakout above $3.25 resistance is a buy signal, while a break below $3 support signals a sell in SIRI.Momentum adds some extra confidence to this trade. 14-day RSI had been trending lower for the better part of 2013, only to break to the upside in April. Because momentum is a leading indicator of price, the implication is a breakout in SIRI's price action as well. Wait for price to signal a buy before jumping in.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV