Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (GMCR)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 25.27% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- GREEN MTN COFFEE ROASTERS has improved earnings per share by 6.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GREEN MTN COFFEE ROASTERS increased its bottom line by earning $2.28 versus $1.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.83 versus $2.28).
- GMCR's revenue growth trails the industry average of 41.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- GMCR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.18 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.02, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 141.05% to $337.14 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GREEN MTN COFFEE ROASTERS has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -13.52%.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts