UnitedHealth Group (UNH) ($61.59) is a recent downgrade to hold from buy in the medical sector that's 9.5% overvalued. The stock set a multi-year high at $63.95 on April 2. The weekly chart is positive with the five-week MMA at $58.62. My semiannual value level is $59.89 with a quarterly risky level at $63.66, which was tested at that April 2 high, then came the downgrade.
Union Pacific (UNP) ($135.76) is a hold rated stock in the transportation sector which is 18.5% overvalued and considered an "avoid-source of funds" as 78% of all stocks in this sector are rated strong sell or sell. The stock set a multi-year high at $143.00 on March 28. The weekly chart profile shifts to negative on a close this week below the five-week MMA at $138.14. My quarterly value level is $134.57 with a monthly pivot at $136.29 and weekly risky level at $142.19, and quarterly risky level at $143.14.
Verizon Communications (VZ) ($50.64) is a buy rated stock in the utilities sector which is 10.8% overvalued. The stock traded to a new multi-year high at $51.05 as stocks declined on Monday. The weekly chart profile is positive but extremely overbought with the five-week MMA at $48.69. My quarterly value level is $46.78 with a weekly risky level at $52.83.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV