Rating Change #7
has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RELL has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 7.74, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 135.91% to $2.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, RICHARDSON ELECTRONICS LTD has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 12.99%.
- RELL, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 12.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 69.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.34 million to $0.40 million.
- The gross profit margin for RICHARDSON ELECTRONICS LTD is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.10%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.20% trails that of the industry average.
Richardson Electronics, Ltd. provides engineered solutions, power grid microwave tubes and related components, and customized display solutions. The company has a P/E ratio of 29.3, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Richardson has a market cap of $144.1 million and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. Shares are up 3.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
You can view the full
Richardson Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center