CLEVELAND, April 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today as people around the world join TOMS and take off their shoes to raise awareness for millions of children's health and education, the smartphone app justWink™ will be helping them connect and share their One Day Without Shoes experiences. This is the second year that the socially-savvy justWink app by American Greetings Corporation (NYSE: AM) has partnered with TOMS by creating custom cards for the event to help spread the word about the impact a pair of shoes can have on a child's life.
To spread the word for this important cause, the free justWink app created a collection of eighteen special edition app cards that not only remind people about the actual event, but how easy it is to take proper footwear for granted. Other cards allow participants to share their experiences afterwards. In addition, several justWink artists will be painting custom designs on TOMS shoes, auctioning them off, and donating the proceeds to local charities.
"We love working with TOMS to support One Day Without Shoes and are thrilled to be participating again this year," said Lisa Wascovich, brand manager for the justWink app. "We know that when there's important news to share people instinctively reach for their cell phones, so we wanted to provide them with every tool necessary to help spread the word about this important cause."
One Day Without Shoes calls attention to the millions of children around the world live without proper footwear, exposing them to injury, infection and disease every day. The concept is pretty simple—take off your shoes and when people ask about it, tell them why. Tell them how these children are exposed to injury and disease. Tell them that it prevents children from attending school in hopes of finding a way to have a better life.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV