DETROIT, April 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DTE Energy was recognized by Black EOE Journal as a 2013 Best of the Best company for its work in promoting and valuing diversity in the workplace.
Black EOE Journal polled hundreds of Fortune 1000 companies in a variety of industries including the energy sector, finance, higher education and healthcare.
The publication evaluated companies' outreach and accessibility to the African-American, Hispanic, Latino, female and veteran populations. It also looked at how well companies pursued diverse applicants and certified disadvantaged business owners; as well as policies that support advancement, equal access and inclusion of all individuals.The magazine, which advocates for equal employment opportunities, provides information for African Americans seeking jobs and business opportunities within U.S. corporations. "DTE Energy is pleased to be considered a Best of the Best company by Black EOE Journal. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and among our suppliers. At DTE, we always try to do the right thing. Embracing diversity offers great perspective and tremendous creativity. Diversity is a great business practice," said Tony Tomczak, DTE Energy director of Supply Chain Management. DTE is a diversified energy company serving 2.1 million electric customers and 1.2 million natural gas customers across Michigan. DTE has made a concerted effort to conduct business with Michigan-based suppliers as a participant in the Pure Michigan Business Connect Initiative. DTE has taken its commitment one step further by also seeking out suppliers led by minorities and women. "The organizations we choose as our 'Best of the Best' know that diversity translates to a competitive advantage and business opportunity," said Mona Lisa Faris, president and publisher of Black EOE Journal. The 2013 Best of the Best list appears in the spring issue of Black EOE Journal on newsstands now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV