SALT LAKE CITY, April 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Booth H1-E32 -- Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR) will exhibit flat panel detectors and X-ray tubes optimized for digital radiography at China International Medical Equipment Fair (CMEF) in Shenzhen, China from April 17-20. In addition the company will also demonstrate image processing workstations.
The digital imaging products to be highlighted are:
- PaxScan ® 4336X – a flat panel image detector engineered to be dose efficient and to provide excellent image quality, even at low dose. The X platform features Varian's proprietary, state-of-the-art 6 th generation architecture, and 16-bit data acquisition for fast, high resolution imaging. The new design features optional handles, a built-in shock sensor and extensive on-panel diagnostics.
- PaxScan ® 4336W – a wireless flat panel X-ray image detector that is built on the PaxScan 4336X 16-bit data acquisition technology. The 4336W is a dual band detector that can transmit image data in real-time across a very reliable wireless link, thanks to high speed data transfer rates up to 170Mbps resulting in a preview time in as little as 2 seconds. The wireless panel also includes a built-in diagnostics capability that provides a way to monitor the "health" of the unit. The panel is a lightweight 3.4kg with battery, and has a removable tether/service cable. "These technologies allow our customers to take full advantage of superior digital image quality along with higher throughput, significant workflow efficiencies and the potential to enhance patient care and comfort for an improved experience," said Steve Kimmel, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Varian Imaging Components Businesses.
- i5DR Digital Radiography Imaging System – an image processing workstation that offers advanced imaging algorithms for processing data from multiple radiographic flat panel detectors. This workstation was designed for installation into new or existing radiographic rooms or for use in mobile X-ray systems.
"Having an X-ray products facility in Beijing significantly enhances our ability to serve China's X-ray imaging industry on an expedited basis with local expertise," said Kimmel. "We are able to offer regional product and support services, which in turn help increase our customers' competitiveness in the marketplace."
About Varian Medical SystemsVarian Medical Systems, Inc., of Palo Alto, California, is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, and brachytherapy. The company supplies informatics software for managing comprehensive cancer clinics, radiotherapy centers and medical oncology practices. Varian is a premier supplier of tubes, digital detectors, and image processing workstations for X-ray imaging in medical, scientific, and industrial applications and also supplies high-energy X-ray devices for cargo screening and non-destructive testing applications. Varian Medical Systems employs approximately 6,200 people who are located at manufacturing sites in North America, Europe, and China and approximately 70 sales and support offices around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com or follow us on Twitter.For more information contact:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV