TAMPA, Fla., April 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Homeowners Choice, Inc. (NYSE:HCI) today announced it has begun doing business as "HCI Group, Inc." and intends to ask its shareholders to approve an amendment to its articles of incorporation to change the company's name to "HCI Group, Inc."
The company gave several reasons for the name change.
- The name HCI Group, Inc. will better represent the company's diversified business activities, which include property and casualty insurance, information technology, real estate and reinsurance.
- The new name will provide greater clarity to the company's identity, avoiding confusion between the company and its largest subsidiary, Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance Company, Inc.
- The new name will distinguish the company and the brands of its non-property and casualty insurance enterprises from the "Homeowners Choice" brand, thereby enhancing and strengthening the value of all the brands.
Along with the proposed name change the company announced several other branding initiatives.
- The company's enterprises dedicated to property and casualty insurance, including the company's most important subsidiary, Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance Company, Inc. will operate exclusively under the "Homeowners Choice" brand.
- The company's information technology enterprises will operate under the "Exzeo" brand.
- The company's real estate activities, which include the ownership and operation of several Florida properties, will be performed under the "Greenleaf Capital" brand.
- The company's enterprises that provide reinsurance will operate under the "Claddaugh" brand. To date, the Claddaugh reinsurance services have been limited to participating in the Homeowners Choice reinsurance programs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV