DALLAS and NEW YORK, April 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA Compass today announced a new partnership with Christie's that combines the bank's financial capabilities with the auction house's expertise in collectible assets — and will bring rarely seen pieces of art to the bank's clients in a series of exclusive events.
"We're a bank that appreciates the importance of art, indeed the value of art, and many of our clients do as well," said Manolo Sanchez, BBVA Compass president and CEO. "This new relationship is our way of bringing Christie's expertise to them in a useful and sophisticated way."
To kick off the partnership, BBVA Compass and Christie's will co-host a private event in Dallas this evening that will feature paintings by Claude Monet, Camille Pissarro, Berthe Morisot and remarks by Pissarro expert Dr. Richard Brettell. Until now, the works have been held in private collections. They'll be up for auction in May and could again disappear from public view.
The relationship between Christie's and BBVA Compass, a subsidiary of Spain-based BBVA Group, draws synergies from the similar hallmarks of each: international reach and client service. For its part, BBVA has a strong presence from Mexico to Argentina."This new relationship brings together two organizations with a global presence and exceptional client service," said Stephen Lash, chairman emeritus of Christie's. "While our initial work together will begin in the U.S., there is clearly an opportunity to work together in Mexico, Latin America and beyond." The partnership will be especially useful to the bank's clients who need financial advice on managing "treasure assets," such as fine art, antiques, wine, classic cars and jewelry. A recent report by Deloitte found that wealthy individuals hold an average of 9.6 percent of their total net worth in such assets, which require precise documentation for insurance purposes and estate planning.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV