HOUSTON, April 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Spectra Energy Corp (NYSE: SE) has been named to Corporate Responsibility Magazine's prestigious "100 Best Corporate Citizens List" for 2013, ranking 13th overall and highest among energy companies included on the list.
"We're honored to be recognized as a Best Corporate Citizen for the third consecutive year," said Greg Ebel, president and chief executive officer, Spectra Energy Corp. "With their commitment to the company's sustainability goals, our employees help Spectra Energy achieve the right balance among economic, environmental and social considerations that are critical to our stakeholders."
The "100 Best Corporate Citizens List," which rates large-cap Russell 1000 companies, documents 298 data points of disclosure in seven categories: environment, climate change, employee relations, human rights, governance, finance and philanthropy.Spectra Energy Corp (NYSE: SE), a FORTUNE 500 company, is one of North America's premier pipeline and midstream companies. Based in Houston, Texas, the company's operations in the United States and Canada include more than 22,000 miles of natural gas, natural gas liquids, and crude oil pipelines, approximately 305 billion cubic feet (Bcf) of natural gas storage, as well as natural gas gathering and processing, and local distribution operations. The company also has a 50 percent ownership in DCP Midstream, the largest producer of natural gas liquids and one of the largest natural gas gatherers and processors in the United States. Spectra Energy has served North American customers and communities for more than a century. The company's longstanding values are recognized through its inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America Indexes and the Carbon Disclosure Project's Global 500 and S&P 500 Carbon Disclosure Leadership Indexes. For more information, visit www.spectraenergy.com. SOURCE Spectra Energy Corp
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV