NEW YORK, April 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Clinton Group, Inc. (" Clinton"), a stockholder of Stillwater Mining Company (NYSE: SWC), today sent a letter to its fellow stockholders asking them to vote to replace the Board of Directors of Stillwater. The full text of the letter to stockholders is copied below. The letter and other materials Clinton has prepared, including the proxy statement, are available to Stillwater Mining stockholders on the http://www.tapstillwater.com website free of charge.
The Stillwater annual meeting is scheduled to be held on May 2, 2013. Clinton urges its fellow stockholders to use the GREEN proxy card when voting at this year's annual meeting and to vote for the Clinton nominees.
About Clinton Group, Inc.
Clinton Group, Inc. is a Registered Investment Advisor based in New York City. The firm has been investing in global markets since its inception in 1991 with expertise that spans a wide range of investment styles and asset classes.
Clinton Group, Inc.601 Lexington Avenue, 51 st Floor New York, New York 10022
- Just five months ago, in its Third Quarter report, the Company said it was still searching "around the world" for acquisitions;
- In November 2012, the Board added a director, George Bee, who was profiled in a Canadian Mining Journal article entitled, "Passionate About South America," in which he extols the virtues of mining in South America and notes his desire to "return to San Juan, Argentina," the precise place where Stillwater purchased mining rights its CEO now supposedly regrets;
- In the last 30 months, fully 71% of the Company's expansion capital (acquisitions and capital expenditures) have been spent outside of Montana ; and
- The Company's CEO resides, according to his voter registration records, in a small town in Nevada, more than 900 miles from the Company's mine and headquarters. 
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV