Citigroup (C) provides financial products and services, including consumer banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage and wealth management. This stock is trading up 1.7% at $45.54 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 38.92 millionAverage Volume: 32.01 million Volume % Change: 74% Shares of C are jumping higher here after the company reported better-than-expected earnings for the first quarter of 2013. From a technical perspective, C is moving higher here right above its 50-day moving average of $44.15 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing shares of C within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit if C manages to take out its 52-week high at $47.92 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in C as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $44.15, and then once it sustains a move or close above $47.92 with volume that hits near or above 32.01 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then C will set up to enter new 52-week high territory above $47.92, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that breakout are $50 to $51.50. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV