Myriad Genetics (MYGN) is engaged in the discovery and commercialization of transformative tests which assess a person's risk of developing disease, guide treatment decisions and assess risk of disease progression and recurrence. This stock is trading up 5.9% at $27.66 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.39 millionAverage Volume: 988,282 Volume % Change: 192% Shares of MYGN are spiking higher here after the Supreme Court concluded its debate over whether Myriad Genetics and other gene-based biopharmaceutical or diagnostic companies could patent human DNA. >>2 Biotech Stocks Under $10 to Watch From a technical perspective, MYGN is exploding higher here back above its 200-day moving average at $26.43 with heavy upside volume. This move is quickly pushing shares of MYGN within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit if MYGN manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $27.83 to $27.89 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in MYGN as long as it's trending above its 200-day at $26.43, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 988,282 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then MYGN will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $30 to its 52-week high at $31.80.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV