Netflix (NFLX) is a provider of internet subscription service streaming TV shows and movies. This stock is trading up 3.2% at $178.74 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 4.72 millionAverage Volume: 5.57 million Volume % Change: 50% Shares of NFLX are trending higher today after BTIG analyst Richard Greenfield initiated coverage on the stock with a buy rating and $250 price target. From a technical perspective, NFLX is bouncing higher here right off some near-term support at $170 with decent upside volume. This move is quickly pushing shares of NFLX within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit if NFLX manages to take out its 50-day moving average of $180.88 with high volume. At last check, NFLX has hit an intraday high of $182.35 and volume is close to surpassing its three-month average action of 5.57 million shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in NFLX as long as it's trending above today's low of $174.80, and then once it sustains a move or close above its 50-day at $180.88 and its intraday high of $182.35 with volume that hits near or above 5.57 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then NFLX will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $190 to $197.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV