NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer likes the growth-oriented as well as the yield-oriented Big Pharma stocks, he told Nicole Urken, "Mad Money's" research associate, Monday. "The international investor who is looking for a home will want to find yield and will want to find safety."
One thing the big-cap pharma companies have done is to return money to shareholders, Cramer said. "They're all about bringing out values. Pfizer Pfizer (PFE) has done a series of gigantic moves to bring out value."
He said the takeaway for a Merck (MRK) or a Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is all very clear, he said. These companies make a lot of money and they have good balance sheets and they continue to return capital. "So, they've become banks for foreigners."
He added, These groups are a better safe haven than any other group in the market.""Pharma isn't what it was a decade ago," Urken agreed. "Keep it on your radar. In this kind of a market it's a group that continues to work." To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV