- Reducing annual aircraft greenhouse gas emissions by 8.4 million metric tons since 2005, an 18.5 percent decrease.
- Successfully verifying Delta's greenhouse gas emissions from 2005 to 2011 through The Climate Registry, a nonprofit organization with established standards for calculating, verifying and publicly reporting carbon footprints.
- Rewarding the efforts of Delta employees with $372 million in profit sharing and $91 million in bonuses for meeting operational goals.
- Reducing the number of 50-seat regional jets the airline operates, replacing them with larger two-class aircraft that are far more fuel efficient.
- Purchasing an oil refinery expected to produce approximately $300 million in cost savings annually.
- Strengthening its global network through investments in GOL and Aeromexico, reaching an agreement to acquire an equity stake in Virgin Atlantic and deepening existing relationships with Alaska Airlines and Virgin Australia.
- Growing its award-winning in-flight recycling program to 29 cities equipped to participate – more than $380,000 has been donated to Habitat for Humanity and Delta's Employee and Retiree Care Fund for recycling rebates since 2007.
- Continuing a tradition of support for a wide variety of charitable organizations, including the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, the American Red Cross and The Nature Conservancy.
Delta Releases 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.