ATLANTA, April 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) has released its 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report, which details the airline's environmental, employee, community, safety and financial performance throughout last year.
"We made great progress as an airline in 2012, continuing our work to build a business model that will improve Delta's sustainability for the benefit of our customers, employees and shareholders for many years to come," said Delta CEO Richard Anderson. "At Delta, we believe that transparency goes hand in hand with sustainability."
Delta's annual Corporate Responsibility Report can be accessed online at delta.com/responsibility.Significant accomplishments in the 2012 report include:
- Reducing annual aircraft greenhouse gas emissions by 8.4 million metric tons since 2005, an 18.5 percent decrease.
- Successfully verifying Delta's greenhouse gas emissions from 2005 to 2011 through The Climate Registry, a nonprofit organization with established standards for calculating, verifying and publicly reporting carbon footprints.
- Rewarding the efforts of Delta employees with $372 million in profit sharing and $91 million in bonuses for meeting operational goals.
- Reducing the number of 50-seat regional jets the airline operates, replacing them with larger two-class aircraft that are far more fuel efficient.
- Purchasing an oil refinery expected to produce approximately $300 million in cost savings annually.
- Strengthening its global network through investments in GOL and Aeromexico, reaching an agreement to acquire an equity stake in Virgin Atlantic and deepening existing relationships with Alaska Airlines and Virgin Australia.
- Growing its award-winning in-flight recycling program to 29 cities equipped to participate – more than $380,000 has been donated to Habitat for Humanity and Delta's Employee and Retiree Care Fund for recycling rebates since 2007.
- Continuing a tradition of support for a wide variety of charitable organizations, including the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, the American Red Cross and The Nature Conservancy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV