4 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks
QR Energy (NYSE: QRE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 10.80%. QR Energy, LP, through its subsidiary, QRE Operating, LLC, engages in the acquisition, exploitation, development, and production of oil and natural gas properties in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 95.26. The average volume for QR Energy has been 446,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. QR Energy has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 8.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates QR Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- QRE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- QR ENERGY LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, QR ENERGY LP increased its bottom line by earning $0.54 versus $0.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.20 versus $0.54).
- The gross profit margin for QR ENERGY LP is rather high; currently it is at 59.10%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.98% trails the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, QR ENERGY LP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- QRE has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 5.64% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full QR Energy Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV