NEW YORK, April 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tripp Levy PLLC, a leading national securities and shareholder rights firm, announces that it has been retained to investigate the acquisition of National Financial Partners Corp. (NYSE: NFP) on behalf of shareholders. National Financial Partners Corp. announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Madison Dearborn Partners, LLC, a private equity investment firm, under which NFP shareholders will receive $25.35 in cash for each share of NFP common stock they own.
The investigation concerns whether the board of directors of NFP breached their fiduciary duties by not engaging in a full and fair auction for the company to obtain the highest price possible for shareholders, while, at the same time, negotiating potential pay packages, benefits and equity stakes for themselves. Indeed, NFP has approx. $2.25 per share of cash on its books, which will go to the buyer of the company. Therefore, the actual purchase price is closer to $23.10 per share, which is well below analysts' valuation.
If you are a shareholder of NFP and would like additional information regarding this lawsuit at no cost or obligation and how you can join with other shareholders at no cost in obtaining a higher price for your shares, please contact us toll free at 877-772-3975 or email at email@example.com
SOURCE Tripp Levy PLLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV