Apple's manufacturing partner in China, Foxconn, has been ramping up hiring since last month, adding about 10,000 assembly workers per week to its Zhengzhou plant, The Wall Street Journal noted, citing executives familiar with the situation.
Speculation in the market place has been that Apple would announce the new iPhone, named the iPhone 5S, in the summer. With Foxconn ramping up hiring, a summer release for the next version of the iPhone makes sense.
The Phone 5S will reportedly feature the same body as the iPhone 5, with a 4-inch screen and thinner display, but may come with an advanced processor and better camera. The iPhone 5 currently offers the 8MP iSight camera, with improved HDR capabilities for better color and tone and reduced motion blur.There have also been recent reports that the next version of the iPhone 5 would incorporate technology from one of Apple's recent acquisitions, AuthenTec, a company that deals with mobile and network security solutions. AuthenTec's fingerprint technology could be used in the next iPhone to unlock the phone, or perhaps even for payments processing. An Apple spokeswoman declined to comment for this story. Shares of Apple were lower in Monday morning trade, off 1.35% to $423.989. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323346304578423930445976530.html
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV