GROTON, Conn., April 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S Navy has awarded General Dynamics Electric Boat a $9.5 million contract modification to plan and perform maintenance and modernization work on USS Hartford (SSN-768), a Los Angeles-class attack submarine. Electric Boat is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
Under the contract, Electric Boat will perform a dry-docking selected restricted availability at the company's shipyard in Groton. Work is expected to be completed by September 2013. More than 400 employees will be involved in the work at its peak.
The contract being modified was initially awarded in April 2012 and has a potential value of $67 million.
More information about General Dynamics is available at www.generaldynamics.com.SOURCE General Dynamics Electric Boat
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV