NORTHBROOK, Ill., April 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Allstate Insurance Company will build upon its efforts to bring awareness around distraction-free driving with a new national campaign tour, called "Reality Rides SM." Allstate Reality Rides will travel to more than 20 American cities to bring a driving simulator that demonstrates the dangers of distracted driving. From community events to high school assemblies and safe driving advocacy programs, Reality Rides will tour a variety of venues in an effort to reach a wide range of drivers.
"The Allstate Reality Rides tour is an innovative, engaging approach to raising awareness about the importance of distraction-free driving," said Sanjay Gupta, executive vice president of marketing, innovation and corporate relations at Allstate Insurance Company. "We'll be going to communities across the country to gain awareness about the dangers of cell phone use and texting behind the wheel. Advocating for driver safety is an important part of Allstate's legacy and this outreach effort will build on our commitment to keep our kids and all drivers safer on the roads."
Reality Rides consists of a driving simulator that utilizes a real - but stationary - vehicle equipped with virtual reality technology, including a headset that displays an animated environment and reacts to the driver's motions. Using the car's steering wheel, gas and brake pedals, the driver is tasked with driving while also attempting to text and talk on the phone.
These simulations demonstrate the potential consequences distracted drivers could face while on the road. To add impact to the simulations, participants are given traffic "tickets" that reveal potential infractions a driver could receive if the experience happened in real life. Participants will also have the opportunity to take the Allstate X the TXT™ pledge that promises to not text and drive.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV