April 15, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Bringing together leading cognitive scientists, instructional experts in reading and mathematics, cutting-edge game and app designers and adaptive technology innovators, Scholastic Education is transforming the K-12 classroom with six
designed to help all students reach Common Core proficiency – no matter their starting point.
Today, at the start of the Education Innovation Summit at
Arizona State University
, Scholastic (NASDAQ: SCHL) unveiled a suite of reading and math products that meet students where they are and propel them forward with powerful technology, engaging content and empowering support for teachers.
- MATH 180 ™ – a revolutionary intervention program designed to get middle school students Common Core-ready by rebuilding the foundations of mathematics.
- iRead ™ – a breakthrough digital program for grades K-2 that ensures mastery of foundational reading skills for students of all backgrounds and reading levels.
- System 44® Next Generation – a powerful new version of the foundational reading program for our most challenged readers in grades 3-12.
- READ 180 ® on the iPad – tablet access for teachers and students to the most successful personalized learning technology built for the Common Core.
- Common Core Code X™ ( Code X) – a comprehensive, tablet-ready ELA curriculum that challenges middle school students to read, think, analyze, synthesize, question, cite evidence, debate, and write every day.
- nextpert™ – digital professional learning that transforms instruction for the Common Core.
Together these programs provide solutions for district and school leaders' greatest concerns: preparing all kids for success with
for K-2 skills mastery; accelerating reading skills and comprehension for older struggling readers with
; making middle school English language arts class engaging and challenging with
; and, with
, building confidence and understanding for kids who struggle with math – often the same kids who need
. Recognizing that the teacher is the most important factor in student learning, Scholastic is also offering
, a digital, professional learning platform that provides teachers with 24/7 support and access to online courses and learning resources that help them transform instruction for the Common Core.
"At the core of everything we do is the belief that every student can succeed, every teacher can inspire, and every leader can empower," said
, President of Scholastic Education. "These programs combine innovation and experience to transform how students learn and teachers teach – and to ensure that school districts are closing gaps, fostering a growth mindset in students, and preparing them to meet college- and career-ready standards."
Embedded in the Scholastic suite of educational technology programs is:
- Smart, adaptive technology that gathers data through every interaction and uses it to personalize learning and provide actionable intelligence to the teacher.
- Professional learning support that builds teacher capacity in an era of heightened accountability.
- Content kids crave that opens doors to college and careers.
- Proven, research-based instructional practices that build understanding and fluency in math and reading.
Mayer added, "At Scholastic, we know that great teaching requires a great teacher and we create our technology programs to help the teacher become a force multiplier in the classroom."