Dish says with Sprint it will be the only company to offer a bundle of video, broadband and voice services, challenging AT&T and Verizon.
Given recent developments in the telecom sector, Dish and Ergen may appear late in making their play into the wireless industry.
As recently as Friday, Dish was considered a bidder for T-Mobile, according to a Bloomberg report. Indeed, T-Mobile may have been a more logical partner for Dish. However, given the company's increasingly probable merger with MetroPCS, Ergen appears to have set his sights on Sprint as the next-best option, according to Jennifer M. Fritzsche, a Wells Fargo telecoms analyst.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV