These easing policies, combined with economic uncertainties in Europe, have led many analysts and investors to believe buying potential remains in play for gold.
Reports emerged last week that Cyprus is selling its gold reserves, which has led many investors to wonder if struggling nations like Portugal and Spain will also begin to liquidate their gold holdings in exchange for more capital.
Chinese gross domestic product grew 7.7% in the first quarter of 2013. The figure trailed economists' expectations of 8% growth, according to a Reuters poll, and receded from the 7.9% growth the country saw in the fourth quarter of 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV