Income (loss) before income taxes was heavily impacted by impairment charges in both FY2013 ($4.4 million) and FY2012 ($17.1 million). Aside from the impairment charges, income before income taxes for FY2012 included $5.4 million of recognized gain on the sale of a facility in Fontana, California, which was originally deferred when sold. The remaining $1.0 million of the gain was recognized in FY2013. Results were improved due to steps being taken to control overhead costs and improve margins through diversity of the work being performed, including a water supply project being executed for a customer of our Mineral Exploration Division in Mexico.
The backlog in the Water Resources Division was $63.1 million as of January 31, 2013, compared to $102.7 million as of January 31, 2012. This decrease is primarily due to what we believe is a temporary slowdown in deep injection well drilling projects in Florida and completion of a large project in California.
|Inliner Division||Three Months||Twelve Months|
|Ended January 31,||Ended January 31,|
|Revenues||$ 31,574||$ 34,501||$ 133,256||$ 132,108|
|Income before impairments and income taxes||2,009||2,079||9,936||9,894|
|Less: Impairment charges||-||(23,130)||-||(23,130)|
|Income (loss) before income taxes||2,009||(21,051)||9,936||(13,236)|
The decline in Q4 FY2013 revenues at Inliner was due to three contracts in Indiana, Colorado and Arizona, which were in the final stages of completion at fiscal year-end and not yet replaced, offset partially by higher sales of lining products to third party contractors. For the year, Inliner experienced shifts in the geographic regions in which we generate revenue but overall steady activity levels, as well as increased sales of lining products to third party contractors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV