NEW YORK -- Investment bank Goldman Sachs (GS) is expected by Wall Street on Tuesday to report first-quarter earnings of $3.88 a share on revenue of $9.72 billion.
The world's biggest beverage company Coca-Cola (KO) is seen posting earnings of 45 cents a share in the first quarter on revenue of $10.94 billion.Adjusting for a stock split, the company last year earned $2.05 billion, or 45 cents a share, on revenue of $11.14 billion.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), the world's biggest maker of health care products, is expected to report first-quarter profit of $1.40 a share on revenue of $17.42 billion. Last year, the company reported net income of $3.91 billion, or $1.41 a share, on revenue of $16.14 billion.
Yahoo! (YHOO) is expected by analysts after Tuesday's closing bell to report first-quarter earnings of 24 cents a share on revenue of $1.1 billion. Shares of the Internet company have risen about 55% since Marissa Mayer joined the company last summer. Yahoo! earned $286 million, or 23 cents a share, on revenue of $1.08 billion in the year-earlier quarter. Yahoo! Is Switzerland, and That's a Good Thing
Intel (INTC), whose processors are inside about 80% of the world's PCs, is forecast by Wall Street to report first-quarter profit of 41 cents a share on revenue of $12.59 billion. In the first quarter of 2012, Intel earned 53 cents a share on sales of $12.9 billion. How Chrome OS Management Will Improve Android
J.C. Penney (JCP) said Monday it would draw $850 million from its $1.85 billion revolving credit line to help buy inventory.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV