MUNICH, April 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT) and its German dealer, Zeppelin Baumaschinen GmbH, are exhibiting the latest Cat ® machines, work tools and engines to thousands of visitors beginning today at the world's largest construction industry trade show, bauma 2013. They'll also highlight key productivity enhancements on machines, equipment management and job site management through technology solutions like Product Link™, Vision Link™, Cat Grade Control and Accugrade™.
Caterpillar's theme of the show – " Committed to Your Success. All Day. Every Day." – means helping customers make more money with Cat products than with any others – and it begins with fuel economy.
"One of the stars of this show is a machine that epitomizes our commitment to bring value to our customers by lowering their owning and operating costs," said Caterpillar Chairman and CEO Doug Oberhelman. "We're launching our first-ever product to use our new hydraulic hybrid technology - the Cat 336E H. This excavator uses as much as 25 percent less fuel than the standard 336E, without sacrificing performance, and is a core example of Caterpillar's innovation. Since fuel is one of our customers' largest expenses, this hybrid technology can directly improve their bottom lines."
Other products on display that focus on technology to deliver leading productivity, fuel economy and sustainability include:
- The 988K wheel loader, also being launched at the show, is equipped with an engine type approved for the stringent European Union (EU) Stage IV, and that also uses United States (U.S.) EPA Tier 4 Final emission standards. The 988K also offers up to 20 percent greater fuel efficiency compared to the previous model.
- The Cat 966K XE wheel loader, equipped with an advanced powertrain system, delivers up to a 25 percent fuel efficiency improvement over the previous model with optimum performance.
- The Cat D7E Electric Drive track-type tractor, which was introduced in 2009, was the first track-type tractor with a diesel-electric power train to be sold commercially. The company marked a significant milestone in 2012 by selling its 500 th D7E.
- A full range of Stage IV, Tier 4 Final industrial engines and technologies that meet high expectations for reliability, performance, fuel and fluid efficiency and component life, with significantly reduced emissions. Cat industrial engines are utilized by a wide range of Original Equipment Manufacturers in the construction, mining and general industrial sectors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV