Kaizen is all or nothing, Apple is all or nothing. Apple is focused on doing what it do best, and that is to make the best possible products, using its kaizen principles. Not the principles of pundits. No compromises. Apple has a schedule that has been set in motion, and it is true to that course. I suspect we shall see in due time, on Apple time, what that roadmap looks like.
When Apple comes out with a bigger iPhone, and I am sure it will, it will be game over for Samsung. Samsung is producing phablet phones at a frantic pace. It is hoping one of many sizes it produces will be the iPhone killer ... no, the Apple killer. At last count it has 15 or more phone sizes. Apple has two different sizes, and at some point in the near future, Apple will probably have three different sizes, although I suspect the original iPhone 3.5-inch screen will get deprecated, so back to 2 sizes; the 4-inch and a 5-inch. If Apple chooses to release more sizes, then each phone will have purpose and utility, it will be well thought out and will establish a standard for others to follow. Form will follow function. No more, no less. Simple.
-- Written by Ernie Varitimos, author of the Apple Investor blog.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV