CHARLOTTE, N.C., April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Paul Newton, president of Duke Energy North Carolina, issued the following statement in response to today's North Carolina Supreme Court ruling regarding a Duke Energy rate increase that was approved by the North Carolina Utilities Commission on Jan. 27, 2012 and that took effect on Feb. 1, 2012:
"Duke Energy obtained the Supreme Court order earlier this afternoon and our legal and regulatory teams are reviewing the court's decision. It is important to note that the order is limited to the Commission's consideration of the 'proper' Return on Equity. It does not require any changes to the current rates and rate structure approved by the Commission last year. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide any information required by the Commission or others.
"We continue to believe that the settlement agreement approved by the Commission authorizing a 10.5 percent ROE is fair and well-reasoned. We have no reason to believe that it will not ultimately be upheld."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV