MERRILLVILLE, Ind., April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Following the filing of its 2012 Annual Report and Proxy Statement, NiSource Inc. (NYSE: NI) today announced its director nominees for election to the company's Board of Directors for 2013-14. Subject to his reelection at the 2013 annual shareholders meeting, current Board member Richard Thompson will be elected Chairman, effective May 14, 2013.
"Rich's strong business and financial knowledge, his unparalleled leadership integrity, and his deep understanding of NiSource's growth opportunities and challenges make him an excellent choice to serve as Chairman," said current Board Chairman Ian Rolland .
Rolland previously announced his plans to retire from the NiSource Board in May 2013, upon completion of his current term. He joined the NiSource Board in 1978, and was elected Chairman in 2006.
"I'm honored by the Board's confidence in me, and eager to continue working with Bob Skaggs and the rest of NiSource's management team as they execute on the company's strategy to meet the needs of customers and generate added shareholder value," Thompson said. "I'm also humbled to be succeeding someone as impressive and admired as Ian Rolland. Ian's unquestioned character, his personal generosity and his commitment to excellence set a standard to which we all aspire."Thompson has been a member of the NiSource Board since 2004 and currently serves on the company's Corporate Governance, Finance, and Officer Nomination & Compensation committees. His career has included numerous leadership roles, including serving as Group President of Caterpillar Inc., a position from which he retired in 2004. He also is a director at Gardner Denver Inc. and Lennox International Inc., where he served as Chairman of the Board until becoming Lead Director in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV