Upcoming Bloomberg BNA Webinar Focuses On COPPA Compliance
Webinar to Offer Critical Guidance on the First Substantial Updates to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998
ARLINGTON, Va., April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA will host a 90-minute webinar April 16 on the first substantial updates to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998.Titled Get Ready to Comply with the FTC's Updated Children's Online Privacy Protection (COPPA) Rule, the webinar is designed to prepare in-house counsel, website managers, e-commerce advisors, practitioners involved with the privacy and security of data, and anyone who is concerned about the privacy of children while online for these changes. It will be led by experts on the legal implications of privacy with respect to children's online internet use and will offer participants all the information they need to comply with the changes and prepare for the July 1 compliance deadline.
Participants will learn the actions they need to take now to avoid costly fines and reputation-damaging complaints later. Panelists will provide real-world examples of how personal information is shared with plug-ins, analytics services, and advertising networks, to help participants understand how their websites and mobile applications might be impacted by the updated COPPA Rule.While the majority of changes to COPPA aim to update the Act to account for innovations in technology and the functionality of online activities with the advent of apps, social media, and geospatial recognition, the potential for severe penalties creates an even greater need for organizations promoting their goods and services to those under age 13 to comply with the rules. The updates, issued by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in December 2012, expand the basis for COPPA enforcement by the FTC and state attorneys general. These changes include: making additional companies subject to the updated COPPA Rule, expanding the types of personal information covered by COPPA, and increasing the liability of companies for information that flows to third parties through their websites. Participants will gain a keen understanding of how businesses can amend their current online practices to stay compliant. Register Now for this program to:
- Learn how to assess whether the updated COPPA Rule applies to you and your organization.
- Understand the actions necessary to comply, including reviewing websites, mobile applications, and privacy policies.
- Find out about specific changes to the updated COPPA Rule, including (i) the definitions, (ii) parental notice, (iii) parental consent methods, (iv) confidentiality and security requirements, and (v) data retention requirements.
- Gain an understanding of how the updated COPPA Rule affects the safe harbor industry, including the Children's Advertising Review Unit (CARU).
- Learn about real-world issues that companies are facing due to the updated COPPA Rule.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV