LONDON, April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Potty training is a big step for kids and parents alike. Making the transition from nappies to pants can often feel like a daunting task but it doesn't need to be with Huggies® Pull-Ups® Potty Training Pants.
Many children show an interest in potty training by the age of 2 but others might not be ready until 2 ½ - it is important to remember there is no rush. Every child is unique and so is their potty training journey. For those parents who are about to begin the process, starting out can often be daunting due to the various methods which other parents practice and the amount of advice which is available.
The Huggies® Pull-Ups® Potty Training Pants website has all of the information that parents need, from identifying when their little one is ready to begin the journey, to tips and advice to help them throughout the process.The first question for parents is usually when should they start potty training their child? Huggies® Pull-Ups® has created the 8 signs of readiness to help: 8 Signs of Readiness
- Your child stays dry for two hours or more at a time, or is dry after a daytime nap
- Your child tells you in words or by behaviour that wearing a wet nappy is uncomfortable, and needs changing
- Your child asks to use the potty or the toilet
- You usually know when your child is likely to have a poo
- Your child asks to wear potty training pants or normal underwear
- Your child can understand and follow simple instructions, like ' bring me the potty , please '
- Your child can show in behaviour , or can use words, to let you know they need a wee or a poo
- Your child can put on some of their clothes on their own