SUWANEE, Ga., April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ARRIS Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARRS) today announced that pursuant to the terms of the indenture governing its 2.00% Convertible Senior Notes due 2026 (the "Notes"), the Notes are convertible at the option of the holders (the "Conversion Option") from April 12, 2013 through the close of business on May 29, 2013 (the "Conversion Period").
The Conversion Option is triggered because ARRIS plans to reorganize its business by creating a new holding company structure. The primary purpose of the reorganization is to facilitate ARRIS' previously-announced proposed acquisition of the Motorola Home business from a subsidiary of Google, which ARRIS expects to close on or about April 17, 2013. The business operations of ARRIS and its subsidiaries will not change as a result of the reorganization.
Pursuant to the reorganization, ARRIS will be renamed ARRIS Enterprises, Inc. ("ARRIS Enterprises") and will become a wholly owned subsidiary of the new holding company. Each of the outstanding shares of the capital stock of ARRIS will be converted automatically into one identical share of the new holding company. The new holding company will be named "ARRIS Group, Inc." The anticipated effective date of the reorganization is April 16, 2013.
In order to exercise the Conversion Option, holders must validly surrender the Notes at any time during the Conversion Period. The company has confirmed with The Bank of New York Mellon Trust Company, N.A. (the "Trustee"), which serves as the trustee and conversion agent under the indenture, that, as of the date hereof, all custodians and beneficial holders of the Notes hold the Notes through Depository Trust Company ("DTC") accounts and that there are no outstanding certificated Notes in non-global form. Accordingly, all Notes surrendered for conversion must be delivered through the transmittal procedures of DTC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV