5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts
One stock that's starting to trend within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is Baidu.com (BIDU), a Chinese-language Internet search provider. This stock has been moving lower so far in 2013, with shares off by 9.5%.
If you look at the chart for Baidu.com, you'll notice that this stock recently gapped higher from below $85 to above $90 a share with heavy upside volume. That move took shares of BIDU back above some near-term overhead resistance at $89 a share. This stock is now starting to flirt with its 50-day moving average of $90.59 a share and it's quickly moving within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Market players should now look for long-biased trades in BIDU if it manages to break out above its 50-day at $90.59 a share and then once it takes out more overhead resistance levels at $92.09 to $93.21 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that registers near or above its three-month average action of 4.15 million shares. If that breakout hits soon, then BIDU will set up to re-test or possibly take its next major overhead resistance levels at $97.50 to its gap down day high from early February at around $100 a share.Any high-volume move above $100 would then give BIDU a chance to re-fill some of its previous gap down zone that started near $110 a share. Traders can look to buy BIDU off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below some key near-term support at around $87.50 a share. One can also buy BIDU off strength once it clears those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits right below its 50-day at $90.58 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV