One stock that's trending very close to triggering a near-term breakout trade is Velti (VELT), which is a global provider of mobile marketing and advertising technology and solutions. This stock has been destroyed by the bears during the last six months, with shares off by 74%.
If you take a look at the chart for Velti, you'll notice that this stock has been trending sideways in a consolidation pattern for the last month, with shares moving between $1.80 on the downside and $2.10 on the upside. This consolidation pattern is occurring after shares of VELT gapped down in mid-March from over $3 to around $2 a share. Shares of VELT are now starting to move within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade above the upper-end of its recent sideways chart pattern.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV