4. As of noon trading, CarMax ( KMX) is down $1.20 (-2.6%) to $44.00 on heavy volume Thus far, 1.4 million shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $43.59-$44.53 after having opened the day at $44.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.20. CarMax, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer of used vehicles in the United States. It also sells vehicles that do not meet its retail standards to licensed dealers through on-site wholesale auctions, as well as sells new vehicles under franchise agreements. CarMax has a market cap of $9.9 billion and is part of the specialty retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates CarMax as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full CarMax Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts