PG&E is asking the California Public Utilities Commission to approve the enhanced program this year, so the utility can begin offering the option soon thereafter.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California. Nearly 60 percent of its electricity comes from sources that are renewable or free of greenhouse gas emissions. For more information, visit http://www.pge.com/about/newsroom and www.pgecurrents.com.
Other statements of support:
"The Coalition of California Utility Employees is delighted to support PG&E's new Green Option. The new Green Option lets every PG&E customer choose to get 100 percent of their power from new renewable energy projects in California. It's like putting solar panels on your roof, only easier." – Tom Dalzell, Business Manager of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 1245, on behalf of the Coalition of California Utility Employees"We commend PG&E and all the settling parties for reaching an agreement that could benefit the vast majority of diverse communities that wish to be part of California's renewable energy revolution." – Faith Bautista, CEO of the National Asian American Coalition and former member of the California Public Utilities Commission's Low Income Oversight Board SOURCE Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV