4 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks
MarkWest Energy Partners (NYSE: MWE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.40%. Markwest Energy Partners, L.P., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the gathering, processing, and transportation of natural gas the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 35.90. The average volume for MarkWest Energy Partners has been 724,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. MarkWest Energy Partners has a market cap of $7.8 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 18.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates MarkWest Energy Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 43.80% is the gross profit margin for MARKWEST ENERGY PARTNERS LP which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.56% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $107.00 million or 28.21% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MARKWEST ENERGY PARTNERS LP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 20.25%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 142.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$74.09 million to $31.81 million.
- MARKWEST ENERGY PARTNERS LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MARKWEST ENERGY PARTNERS LP increased its bottom line by earning $1.70 versus $0.80 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 12.6% in earnings ($1.49 versus $1.70).
- You can view the full MarkWest Energy Partners Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV