Department Of General Services Announces SCI Dallas Energy Improvement Contract Opportunity
All projects under the new process must also have a return on investment period of less than 20 years, reduce real energy consumption and must be fully funded by the savings generated under the contract.
"As part of our efforts to be responsible stewards of taxpayer dollars, the Department of General Services is committed to finding ways to reduce energy consumption when it is economically feasible to do so," Phillips said. "The new Guaranteed Energy Savings Contracts ensure a transparent procurement process that will deliver energy savings for the commonwealth, renewed job opportunities for Pennsylvanians and the ability to update our facilities while achieving cost savings."
The new Guaranteed Energy Savings Contracts are an innovative financing technique that uses cost savings from reduced energy consumption to repay the cost of installing energy conservation measures. The process allows owners to achieve energy savings without up-front capital expenses. The costs of the energy improvements are covered by the performance contractor and reimbursed from the energy savings over a defined time period.
Proposals are due on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 2 p.m.For more information, view the Notice to Proposers at www.dgs.state.pa.us, in the left hand navigation bar, click on "Construction and Public Works" followed by "Guaranteed Energy Savings." Media contact: Troy Thompson, 717-787-3197 SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of General Services
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV