Secretary Of Aging Honored For His Support Of Older Pennsylvanians
SCRANTON, Pa., April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Secretary of Aging Brian Duke today received an award from the University of Scranton recognizing him for his advocacy and support of older Pennsylvanians.
The "Award for Outstanding Contributions" was presented to Duke during the university's Third Annual Conference on Aging. Leo and Ann Moskovitz of Jermyn also received the " Lifetime of Inspiration and Achievement Award" from the University.
"When we began our work on aging issues several years ago, Brian Duke was our first champion and has remained a strong supporter since then," Dr. Brian Conniff, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences of the University of Scranton and co-chair of the conference, said. "We are recognizing him for his achievements as a tireless advocate for our elders, because he shares our deepest values of compassion and care for the most vulnerable."
Duke was appointed as Secretary of Aging by Governor Tom Corbett on Feb. 3, 2011, and he was confirmed by the Pennsylvania Senate on May 3, 2011. Duke earned a reputation as a passionate advocate for older Pennsylvanians while serving as director of the Bucks County Area Agency on Aging. He previously worked as executive director of the New Jersey Foundation for Aging, a statewide public charity dedicated to improving the quality of life of older persons.Duke holds a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Scranton, a Master's in Health Administration from George Washington University, and a Master's in Bioethics from the University of Pennsylvania. Duke is also an Associate Fellow of the Institute on Aging of the University of Pennsylvania. For more information, visit www.aging.state.pa.us. Media contact: Christina Reese, 717-783-1550 SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Aging
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV