Joint Statement On The President's Budget From The American Society Of Clinical Oncology, Community Oncology Alliance, ION Solutions And The US Oncology Network
We appreciate and support the President's concern to decrease the costs of health care. We are working with the Congress on new processes and payment models to further increase the quality and efficiency of cancer care. However, continuing reductions in payment for cancer drugs and other treatment related services undermine our efforts to ensure and enhance the delivery of quality, accessible, and efficient cancer care. We have evolved the world's best cancer care delivery system over the last 40 years, but it is now in crisis. The sequester cut to cancer drugs is accelerating that crisis and certain budget provisions will worsen it further.
We ask Congress to strengthen the nation's cancer care delivery by interceding to correct an already flawed Medicare payment system and to immediately stop the sequester cut to cancer drugs. Legislation has already been introduced in the Congress (H.R. 800 and H.R. 1416) that would accomplish those two objectives. We also ask Congress to stop any administrative actions and reject budget proposals that will jeopardize the delivery of quality, efficient cancer care for seniors and all Americans battling cancer.
 Sections 1847A and 1842(o) of the Social Security Act.
 OMB M-13-03; Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies, January 14, 2013, accessed at http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/memoranda/2013/m-13-03.pdf Community Oncology Practice Impact Report; Community Oncology Alliance, March, 2012  Site of Service Cost Differences for Medicare Patients Receiving Chemotherapy. Milliman, October, 2011.  Site of Service Cost Differences for Medicare Patients Receiving Chemotherapy. Milliman, October, 2011. SOURCE Community Oncology Alliance
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV